Sunday, May 5, 2013

I just an iPad Mini, and I find that thing as liberating - Parool.nl

05-05-13 10:14 PM – Source: Parool

column

My brain soften and crumble, and the iPad provides the glue to repair.

weather

I got a call from an editor of a radio program with the question: “What do you think of when you think of liberation?”

‘to sex! ” I wanted to say, of course, but I saw also that such an answer, though true, was banal and childish, and so I said, “My iPad Mini.” Why I said that, I do not know, but the man on the radio said, “Do you want to repeat this on the radio? Then I prick you on the air. “

No, I did not. I explained to the guy and I said, “Do not you think this myself a bit of a silly answer from an intellectual like me?”

I gave the sentence with an ironic tone, because irony is the fashion and is not understood. But no, the man on the radio was’ good each answer, “and my answer was not stupid. But if I did not want to repeat it for the radio he had to hang up, because there had to be called. Another intellectual No sooner said than done.

Why I ‘iPad Mini’ said the word “liberation”? I should also say iPhone or computer, I think. But I like that iPad Mini, and I find that thing as libera ting. I will explain why.

After my fiftieth is my memory deteriorated. I can sometimes be difficult names.

I’m like my mother. Who asked such as “How’s that friend of yours … that thick … Cezanne … Stedelijk … ‘

“You mean Theo van Gogh, Mom? That’s great ‘

I also talks to my daughter. “Do you know who I saw in the city? What’s her name … family … party at Aunt Annie and Uncle Henk … hanging tits … France car accident … with a f … Festina or something. “

‘You mean Paulina?”

My iPad Mini is the book where everything is and which I never tire hit.

I notice I do not know much more, but not that thunders: I can look it up. I find that liberating. My brain soften and crumble, and the iPad provides the glue to repair it again. “What’s that piece well Shakespeare: three daughters, and the king …” Hup, as King Lear appears all on my screen. King Lear will again certainly half a year sitting in my brain.

‘Netherlands … how hot it … gi … 19-something … thingy … boom-boom-boom! Pang! ‘

(By: Theodor Holman)

No comments:

Post a Comment