This week, the eindelijk so far, after more than six years of waiting were also iPhone users access the web version of WhatsApp. WhatsApp via Web chat easily from Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer on the desktop.
Official Web WhatsApp works only on desktop computers running Windows, OS X or Linux. With a little trick, it is also possible to use the web version of WhatsApp on iPad
It works as follows (iOS 8).
- Open https://web.whatsapp.com on the iPad (in Safari).
- You will get the standard WhatsApp homepage.
- Tap the address bar and swipe in the window that appears at the top.
- tap Ask for dekstopsite.
- The page will reload and now you can use WhatsApp Web on your iPad.
- Have iOS 9? Then tap the part-icon next to the address, and click on Ask for dekstopsite.
- Learn about WhatsApp Web you read in This article .
(Thanks to reader OMT Dman which first discovered this trick.)