Protect your iPhone or iPad with a screen protector so that it keeps its value longer. In this article you read where a screen protector is intended for and how it can best apply themselves. Also look there are any screenprotectors and which parties can help with sticking to a screen protector.
What is a screen protector?
a screen protector is basically a layer of plastic film, which you put on the screen. They are always tailored to your type of smartphone. Observe cheap protective film or the openings for the microphone, and camera flash or are in the right place.
Screenprotectors are for sale at the iCulture Shop in the Apple Store and various other stores. Major brands are Belkin, Tech21, 3M, Muvit, ZAGG and invisibleSHIELD
Why a screen protector
The protective film has several functions.?
- prevents scratches to get your iPhone or iPad screen.
- it can prevent glass breakage when your iDevice falls to the ground.
- Matt screenprotectors make the screen less mirrors.
- Privacy screenprotectors ensure that others can not watch on your screen.
What screenprotectors there?
In general, protective films designed to scratch to appear on the screen. But there are also products with special functions. Roughly speaking, there are two variants: almost Invisible screenprotectors with shiny surface and Matt screenprotectors intended to mirror as much as possible. Here you often see the term “anti-glare” and “anti-reflective”, while at invisible screen protector, the terms ‘invisible’ and ‘clear’ look.
Which one you choose depends on your personal preference. Are you often in bright sunshine, then a non-reflective protective film more comfortable for your eyes. But under normal lighting conditions the screen is less bright because the backlight is filtered by the film.
There are screenprotectors glass . These are made of tempered glass and provide additional drop and shock protection. Because these screenprotectors are quite rigid, the risk of bubbles minimum.
Advantages of a screen protector for iPad
A screen protector has many advantages. These are the two most important:
- Less scratches, making your device better maintains its value. This may be important if your device over time want to sell again.
- Better read display, with reduced reflection. You have to do a matte one.
Alternatives to a screen protector
Would you properly protect your iPhone or iPad, but you do not want a screen protector, then there are actually two alternatives:
- A case which completely encloses the iPhone or iPad, especially the hoesjes as a booklet to connect your iPhone. Downside is that the screen is unprotected when the book is opened.
- Special sprays applying a protective layer on your screen. Some take you to wipe with a spray can, others by a damp cloth over the screen. These offer less protection than a screen protector. However, they sometimes have additional features, such as shedding of bacteria.
paste Screen Protector: how it works
you stick the sticker as follows on your iPhone or iPad:
- Make sure you are in a dust-free area. This will prevent dust and dirt from entering under the sticker. A humid bathroom is the most ideal; it’s okay if the screen protector becomes wet.
- Clean the screen of the iPhone or iPad with a mild detergent so that fingerprints and other oiliness of the screen disappears.
- Make screen dry with a soft, lint-free cloth. Microfiber cloths are very suitable for this purpose. Sometimes you get a cleaning cloth included with the screen protector.
- If there is liquid at the screen protector is provided, then you spray it out in a thin layer on the screen. If not, then you can immediately proceed to the next step.
- Paste the sticker gently on the iPhone or iPad. For example, try to start and stick slowly to the bottom. Make sure the label is exactly in the middle and that the cutouts are aligned for buttons.
- Wipe away any air bubbles with your finger or a debit card. You can already do this when you attach the sticker
Our shop partner Coolblue explains in the video below how you put a protective film on the iPhone:.
They also a slice instruction for the iPad:
Clear screen Protector, can
Do you want to remove the screen protector, then that works almost always without leaving adhesive residue?. Most screenprotectors come clean on the screen. Some specimens can rinse under the tap and then used again. The result will therefore be slightly less.
Screen Protector let stick by Apple Store and APR’s
Do you have trouble sticking the protective film, you can also visit the Apple Stores in since February 2016 Amsterdam, the Hague, Haarlem and Brussels. by buying a Belkin True Clear InvisiGlass protective film ( € 24.95 via Apple Store ) it is free stuck Failed sticking, then the employee will be just so. long continue to stick until it is successful. You do not have to pay once. the Apple Store employees use a special machine developed by Belkin. This brings the protective film without bubbles and dirt.
the APR ‘s was already longer possible to pick a screen protector. here also often used the Belkin machines. it applies for example, Amac and Xando in the Netherlands and in Belgium Lab9.