Monday, February 15, 2016

[Solved !!] Ipad exhibits update, but there is not. – One More Thing

Profile picture  of sedikit

sedikit on February 13, 2016 #


Since IPad 9.3.1 update my TomTom W Europe, remains on the iPad App Store / Updates on the blue icon, are the red button, indicating that there would be an update. But an update shows up anywhere.
I have synchronized several times, reset the iPad, but in vain.
How can I remove that warning?
My Thank you!

Profile picture  of Shmoo

Shmoo on February 13, 2016 #

Do you not much that happens sometimes .. all apps stop by swiping up and you restart iPad when it is still not clear, you can even log out and try the App Store.

Profile picture  of sedikit

sedikit on February 13, 2016 #

Thanks Shmoo. I’ll try your advice. Otherwise, the solution to me to delete the TomTom W Europe from both the iMac and the iPad, and then via the App Store TomTom W Europe reinstall. But the Tomtom W Europe is no longer present in the Dutch App Store. I was referred to the US App Store. But I have to pay again! Have just put this issue to Tomtom. I just wait!

Profile picture  of hello

GoeieDag on February 13, 2016 #

I do not understand your question; your indicates an unfinished update, which explains still the badge with the ’1′?

It syncs him you say, so I assume with a Mac / iTunes. Then you can discard the iPad TT, and again from iTunes on the Mac put him again on iPad.
You can additionally update the TT app first run in iTunes, and him again on the convert iPad.

The TT W.Europa app no ​​longer exists ( read ), but should still be downloaded by you are from the App Store if you look beneath purchases.

Profile picture  of fire-eater

vuurvreter on February 13, 2016 #

I had of the week on the iPhone as well.
FF wait until there is a new update of one of the apps, update, and then the message is clear.

Profile picture  of sedikit

sedikit on February 13, 2016 #

Goeidag, Thanks! I have already done what you advised now. The TT is in “unfinished updates” but does not “open” “work with”, but. I suspect that the TT in iTunes on one or another way is “unfinished”.
And the TT indicates that deleting (for now) the problem that, when downloading it again, in the Dutch App Store, by being led to the American App Store, but then I have to buy the TT again. And I verticals. I presented the problem to DETT support. I just wait (it is a “beauty” problem DreTT do it from here.)
Still remains to me one more question. I can TT in Finder / Music / iTunes / iTunes Media / Mobile Applications / W .Europe 1.22.ipa exchange with an earlier version of Time Machine? And then another to perform the update?

Profile picture  of Night

Night [Moderator] on February 13 2016 #

do not think so convenient; not only the card is updated, but the entire app as well. If you are going to manually replace individual parts is a good chance that the updater does not “see”.

Profile picture  of sedikit

sedikit on February 13, 2016 #

Thanks Night! I’m just waiting for the TT response.

Profile picture  of jackybe67

jackybe67 on February 13, 2016 #

Can it make you run a beta of iOS?

Profile picture  of sedikit

sedikit on February 13, 2016 #

Nope. I turn “just” the official iOS 9.3.1.

Profile picture  of SunKeeper

SunKeeper on February 13, 2016 #

Only 9.3 is currently in beta status.
The latest official version is 9.2.1. You mean it?

TomTom recent years but lax. Much needed updates on eg. A new iOS version are still is not ready as soon as the version is officially released. While (were iOS9) more than it was half a year in beta, users who suddenly had nothing updated iOS could be more with the app.

TomTom software for an optional navigation system is also buggy and takes centuries before it is properly updated to a new OS X version.

For me, they have undermined it. There are sufficiently improved, and, in particular, cheaper alternatives. If your customers in the cold, let alone walk away.

Profile picture  of sedikit

sedikit on February 13, 2016 #

SunKeeper, you’re right about the iOS version: 9.2.1 indeed. I can also remember that, in an update over the 9 was not working the Dutch language. but it was restored at the next update (TT). But I’m honestly pretty happy about this TT. Got me effortlessly in many European corners brought “Most winding roads.” Am wondering what alternatives you mean.

Profile picture  of Night

Night [Moderator] on February 14 2016 #

Could it possibly have to do with TomTom it’s a different approach to throwing?
http://www.iculture.nl/apps/review-tomtom-go-mobile-iphone/

Profile picture  of sedikit

sedikit on February 14 2016 #

That would make them have. But, as I said, the TT W Europe is still able to get into the US App Store. That go-mobile version is anyway not an option for my iPad 16 GB. go-mobile takes such, once complete, 8GB in.

Profile picture  of hello

GoeieDag on February 14 2016 #

Night, which link I had previously given.

Sedikit, you should reset the iPad, you say. Does that mean you it off and have put on again? Usually solves this kind of glitches or at
Again. TT is normally WE also on your Mac in iTunes, if you’m here temporarily throw your iPad. After syncing he comes then back on the iPad. And would ‘m also may be downloaded from the App Store purchases. Despite the fact that he is new is no longer for sale.
After re-reading your response I see that that does not seem to work. I’ll try again tonight if it succeeds me with such a download.

Restoring the earlier TT WE dated file would also need help.

Profile picture  of sedikit

sedikit on February 14 2016 #

Hello,
-Die iPad reset action as you describe him, I also made (unsuccessfully so).
-Also I removed the iPad TT, and then using iTunes ( where he stands) are put back on. without result. So I suspect that the error is in the TT, in iTunes. That seems to me to trace a defect.
-Not (More) iTunes / Purchases or in App Store.
-I Wait off. Although I would bales if TT would not get more so, would not get support. I got that TT N.B. three years ago bought.
-You also asked the solution at Apple Support / iPad. They are ultimately the “shop” where I bought the TT.
I wait but just wondering.

Profile picture  of hello

GoeieDag 17 hours ago #

I do not understand.
If you go on the iPad in the App Store, and then goes down to the Purchases button, and then the tab above All, you see all the apps you ever I removed from the App Store. If there is a button “Open” in state, he stands on that device; if there is a (sort of) a cloud with an arrow in it with gangs, he is not on that device, and you can download it by pressing on the cloud.
See picture below (and this is not on the tab ‘All’, but on the tab “not on this iPad” and that is still looking for some easier)

I have ff on an iPad tried here.; TT Western Europe stood out as a “cloud” (as it ever bought with Apple account but never put on iPad), and he will just download. And that’s the old-fashioned TT WE
I think you try to get him back in the App Store store itself, instead of on your own purchases

So again:. App TT WE throw (hold app down until he goes ‘wobble’ and by removing pressing the cross). Now the App Store purchases and download it again. Problem about it.

Profile picture  of sedikit

sedikit 16 hours ago I’m going to immediately perform action tomorrow. I’m very grateful you !!

Edit: It worked the way hello recommended! Incidentally, I only now see that it goes through iMac / iTunes / App Store / iPad / Purchased. is also such a small cloud, icon …)

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment