There is a clear trend in recent years, reaching, smartphones seem increasingly on tablets and tablets increasingly on smartphones. This year there is also a new term created: the “phablet. But what are the major differences between a tablet and smartphone phablet?
In 2008, almost everyone had a cell phone. For a long time you could with such a phone is not much more than calling and texting. While there have been a first smartphone (Philips) came to market in 1996, which you could also Internet and e-mail, this was far from what what is now so popular.Business
were the first smartphones in the nineties in the market. Include Nokia and BlackBerry came here it comes into play. However, it was Apple in 2007 with the iPhone for a real revolution was able to provide the international mobile market. The smartphone was rapidly becoming a must-have for many people.
In 2010, Apple released the first iPad in the market. This was certainly not the first tablet, but the first successful tablet. Also, this device proved to be a revolution and became very popular with consumers. The tablet was more initially intended to replace the laptop but was quickly compared to the smartphone.
Smartphones and tablets have evolved: the screens of smartphones contrast, larger screens of tablets were becoming smaller. Thus, in the past year between group emerged: the ‘phablet’. The phablet is a cross between the smartphone and the tablet. However, this time it was not Apple who stood at the beginning of a new phenomenon, but it was rival Samsung that the Samsung Galaxy Note released in the market. Despite strong criticism in the initial phase, the phablet became very successful. Soon The Samsung Galaxy Note was within 10 months, more than 10 million copies sold.
Now there are so many to choose falls between different sizes and specifications, it is becoming more difficult to make a device an informed choice. Go for the growing smartphone (like the Samsung Galaxy S4), or opt for a phablet? Or is a full-fledged tablet yet more devoted to you?
When a device is a tablet, or phablet Smarthone
Firstly, it is good to point out the differences. Between the three product In the picture below you can see the differences in size and is indicated when a device belongs to a certain category.
1. Easy one-handed operation.
2. Due to smaller size easy to carry in your pocket.
3. Easily share photos and videos, and share.
4. The smartphone is often the most powerful in terms of specifications.
1. Although the screens are getting bigger and the differences between a smartphone and tablet are fading, the screen of a smartphone often remains too small to be easy to read. Document or Web
2. The multimedia experience on a smartphone is getting better but is still not comparable to
3. Tablet. A smartphone is not useful if you want to type. Long texts or emails
4. Browsing the web is very hard on small screen.
When you choose a smartphone?
For those who give priority to the primary function of a phone (call / SMS) and also convenience in transportation and comfort above all appreciate, is a smartphone the best choice. For example if you want to operate. Device with one hand A 4.3-inch screen seems to give a good display experience without much sacrificing ergonomic comfort.
1. Good picture and viewing experience on a device that is still easy to transport.
2. Better suited to multitasking than smaller smartphones.
1. Not comfortable to use with one hand.
2. Battery life of a phablet is often lower, since more power for the big screen.
When you choose a phablet?
Whoever optimal display experience as highly appreciate and not mind what to compromise on comfort, it can best to choose a phablet. The phablet is especially recommended for people who like watching videos and playing games. Because phablet not differ very much from a smartphone, the choice between these two can be made easier. Would you like to return in exchange for a better picture experience? Comfort Then we recommend you choose a phablet. Most phablets also still reasonably fit in your pocket. Phablets have a relatively shorter battery life than the smartphone. Again, you have to surrender some comfort.
The largest of the three is the tablet. Most tablets have a long battery life. Basically, the tablet as a replacement for the laptop on the market. A tablet looks a lot like a smartphone, in terms of functionality but differ on a few points still quite the smart mobile phones.
1. Usually cheaper than the high end smartphones.
2. They are in some respects better specifications than smartphones and phablets
3.. Best viewing experience with large screen.
4. The operation is often easier than on a smartphone.
5. The properties of the system are more prominent on tablets than on smartphones. This is because there are less software and hardware limitations.
6. You can extend the tablet using accessories to a complete computer.
7. Can also be used as an e-reader.
1. With a tablet, you can not call.
2. The least portable of the three groups by size and weight.
3. A tablet is very delicate and therefore should be careful to jump.
4. You have to control a tablet with two hands.
5. The camera is not as powerful as the camera of a smartphone or phablet.
When you choose a tablet?
Especially for people who want to work while a tablet is recommended. Due to the wide range of accessories, the tablet is getting easier to use for business purposes. If you only choose a tablet because of the larger screen, and not because of the other benefits, you will be better off with a mini-tablet.
In short, make a choice between a smartphone, tablet or phablet takes some comparison work and research. It is of course mainly depends on your specific preferences. Below are finally an overview that can help you make the right choice. With some easy steps
This article was published on behalf of Blue Mango Interactive and written by Brigitte Jansen. The editors of Computer! Total has not been involved in the preparation of this article.
reactions are loaded, one moment …